I go off on another adventure today. I am all prepped up for fighting mosquitoes in Africa, got my million lists and folders ready and
shared, ticked off my to-do checklist, checked in and waiting at the boarding gate.
For the first time, I do not have a fixed itinerary or a
return date for that matter (that is most
unusual for me) but given the longer timeframe and the experiences from last
time, I decided to play this trip by ear and see how I feel. Hopefully someway
along the way, I decide to buy a return ticket – Or even better I decide to do
this forever!
The history of this trip is a bit funny. It started off with
6 weeks of Europe (including 2 weeks with the family for mum’s birthday) . When
the friend I was meeting up with took up an unmissable opportunity, I decided
to extend it, scrap Europe and landed on Kenya and SE Asia. Organised it through
work, did my budgets, ironed out a few career details – and we were in business!
So the trip is slightly more than 9 weeks. I don’t have an
official back-to-work date (how cool is that!). I start off in Doha for a
couple of days, meet my wonderful family in the jungles of Kenya and catch up
with girlfriends in Thailand and Laos. I then have around 10 days to myself –
Currently the plan is to either book in a tour somewhere or a bit of urban
adventures (Let’s review this at the end of the trip to see where I
ended up), I then meet up with the folks in vibrant Saigon and post that – I do not know what to do. In the mindset of
playing it by ear I will see how I feel. Some suggestions are Mauritius,
Indonesia, Philippines – or maybe one of the pacific islands – Let’s
review this as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment