I said goodbye to the family this morning and now I am sitting at the airport waiting to check in.
![]() |
| Map of our Kenyan travels |
Kenya exceeded my expectations. It is an amazing country with spectacular landscape. I think I am a bit in love with Africa right now. I know we said this would be a once in a lifetime trip (mostly cause of the cost) but I feel it is going to be hard to stay away from such a beautiful continent.
I am going to miss the smiles of the Kenyans and the Masai children waving to us whenever we went. We were treated like royalty in all the lodges: greeted with "Karibu Karibu" and given hot towels to freshen up and at night they would set up our rooms with mosquito nets and hot water bottles to stay warm. The full board lodging ensured that we over-ate for all meals but still went for more. Overall, everyone was very friendly and good hosts.
It has been a really good trip and it was a lot of fun to be with the family. Bebou and I got asked if we were twins a lot (which hasn't happened since high school). All in all, I wouldn't change a thing: we had a great itinerary, sunny weather and luckily nothing went wrong. I am leaving Kenya, all happy that I got to discover this new country and found a new love for the continent and smiling at the wonderful memories that I now have. As the locals say "Hakuna Matata".
On to the next adventure now ..
(11/11/2016 at 13.24pm, from terminal 1C in the Kenyan international airport)

Hakuna matata....
ReplyDeleteNice memories for me..
Specially for 60th bday
Never imagined would b celebratedlike that
Hakuna matata mama!
Delete