Friday, October 5, 2018

North Sumatra exploration

I have the feed the travel bug in me.. So here I am in Oct 18 on a little birthday treat on my way to the island of Sumatra in Indonesia. I know north Sumatra doesn't sound like the mainstream tourist destination, but jungles, volcano hikes and traditional villages - that sounds pretty special and adventurous to me! 

Changsis and I have limited ourselves to carry on - So this is me all packed up with 5kgs of personal items in my new 30L backpack for the next 9 days in wonderful Indonesia exploring North Sumatra. 

Packed and ready

The easiest and cheapest way to get there is with an overnight flight with Air Asia (depart at 00.05 on Sat morning and land in Medan at 08.35am, with a short transit in KL). As I write this, I am about to board the flight to Medan. Yipee!

For the next 9 days, I will be exploring North Sumatra! Stay tuned (and yes I will take care and be careful! :x)

No comments:

Post a Comment